The Organic Mattress We’ve Been Looking For

With all the greenwashing going on these days, it’s hard to tell what products are actually organic, all-natural, or eco-friendly. But we’re excited to say that after years of looking for a mattress that is truly organic, we’ve found one! And right in our own backyard… 

Meet Southerland’s Heritage Copper Latex Mattress! This comfortable mattress features 100% natural Talalay latex that provides optimal airflow for a cooler night’s sleep, as well as pressure relief, and durability. The cozy sleeping surface is made of nature's finest organic cotton that is clean, soft, and breathable.

Next, Southerland adds Copper Ions in the sleeping surface (CuTEC™) and copper minerals in the primary comfort layer which naturally results in a hypo-allergenic, dust mite resistant, and mold and mildew proof sleep experience. This handcrafted sleep system not only offers therapeutic benefits but also comes in several models and is also adjustable-friendly. 

But how do we know this mattress is actually organic? The Heritage Copper Latex Mattress is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) which requires at least 95% of materials in the mattress to be certified organic and prohibits the use of certain substances, such as chemical flame retardants, for the other 5%. It also meets the Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX®, meaning every element has been tested for harmful substances.  

About Southerland

For over 120 years, Southerland has been creating fine quality bedding right here in the USA. In fact, Nashville is home to its headquarters and one of its production and distribution facilities. Southerland is known for its innovative manufacturing methods, state-of-the-art equipment, and highly trained and skilled production team. They also go above and beyond industry standards with their Quality Assurance Program to ensure each mattress meets customer satisfaction. Learn more about this remarkable company in our Meet the Makers blog!

So, if you’re looking for organic premium comfort, we invite you to come to try this mattress for yourself at our furniture and mattress showroom in Downtown Franklin!


Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published